Last Updated 3/9/2018
- This policy sets out how we handle your personal information if you’re user of Vitalytes’s Services or visitor to our Site(s). ‘We’, ‘us’ shall refer to Vitalytes.
Personal Data Defined
- Definition: Personal Information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
The type of personal information we collect
- We may collect personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you: use our Website or our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in a community board discussion chat, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
- Identifying Information: Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
- E-Commerce: Bidding, buying, or selling information you provide during a transaction, or other transaction based content that you generate or that is connected to your account as a result of a transaction you are involved in.
- Financial Information: Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction.
- Interaction Information: We collect information about your interaction with our Website and Services, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token.
- Location Information: Location information, including location information from your mobile device. Keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device’s settings menu.
- Traffic, Statistics: Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information.
How we collect personal information
- Subscribing and Signing up. When you sign up for or use our services, you give us certain information voluntarily. This may include your name, email address, phone number, profile photo, comments, and any other information you give us. You can also choose to share with us location data or photos.
- Browsing the website. We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Website, or through other people when you use services associated with the Website.
- Membership Sign up. We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete membership registration and buy or provide items or services on our Website, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
- Online Purchases. If you buy something on our Website, we may collect payment information such as contact information (address and phone number) and details of what you bought. If you buy something for someone else on our Website, we collect their delivery details and contact information.
- Facebook, Google Account links. If you link your Facebook or Google account or accounts from other third party services to us, we also get information from those accounts (such as your friends or contacts). Those social media sites may give us automatic access to certain personal information retained by them about you. The information we get from those services depends on your settings and their privacy policies, so please check what those are.
- Advertisers and Partners. We also get information about you and your activity outside our Website from our affiliates, advertisers, partners and other third parties we work with, or other publicly available sources. Online advertisers or third parties share information with us to measure or improve the performance of ads on our Website, or to figure out what kinds of ads to show you. This includes information about your visits to an advertiser’s site or purchases you made from them, or information about your interests from a third party service, which we might use to help show you ads. Learn more about the types of information advertisers or other third parties share with us.
- Log data. When you use our Website, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website, or that your mobile app automatically sends when you’re using it. This log data includes your Internet Protocol address, the address of and activity on websites you visit that incorporate Vitalytes features (like the “Save” button—more details below), searches, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Vitalytes, cookie data and device data. If you’d like, you can get more details on the types of information we collect in our logs.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we collect information about the device you’re using our website on, including type of device, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers and crash data that helps us understand when something breaks. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
When We disclose your Personal Information
We will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- Our Company Group. We may disclose personal information to individuals and organizations that are in our Company group. For instance, our employees and subsidiaries.
- Authorize items and Services. Authors of any items or services made available to you, so they can facilitate support and license validation, who maybe located in any of the countries our products are available in.
- Subcontractors and Service Providers. Subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information (as set out above), in particular: website hosting providers; technical and customer support services; recruitment agencies; security and fraud prevention services; payment processing services; identification verification services; and operational tooling services.
- Professional Advisers. Our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.).
- Government Authorities. Regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations.
- Prospective buyers of our Company. A purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase.
- DMCA and IP Holders. A rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; DMCA take down notices or Counter DMCA notices.
How we use personal information
We have a legitimate interest in using your information in the following ways to improve Vitalytes, maintain our relationship with you and protect users. We will use your personal information.
- 1. Operating the Site
- 2. Providing you with Service
- 3. Identification Verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our Website.
- 4. Support tickets Responding to support tickets, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes.
- 5. Updates Updating you with operational news and information about our Sites and services e.g. to notify you about changes to our Sites, website disruptions or security updates.
- 6. Data Analysis Carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Sites and services we provide.
- 7. Monitoring activity on the Sites, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Sites.
- 8. Provide Better service Managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Sites or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey; by logging how often people use two different versions of a feature on our Website, we can understand which version is better.
- 9. Compliance and public safety Managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters). We may Work with law enforcement and keep Vitalytes safe. 10. We may get requests for account information from law enforcement authorities like the police or courts.
- 11. Training Training our staff about how to best serve our user community.
- 12. Improving product and service Improving our products and services.
- 13. General Administration Providing general administrative and performance functions and activities.
- 14. E-commerce To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the Sites, like where you purchase an item from our marketplace.
Transferring your information
Worldwide transfer (insert URL) is a worldwide service. By using (insert URL), you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside your home country, including in the United States, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country. We take additional measures when information is transferred from the European Economic Area (EEA). This includes having standard clauses approved by the European Commission in our contracts with parties that receive information outside the EEA. We also rely on European Commission adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers to countries outside the EEA.
Choices you have about your info
- Access to information Access the information we hold about you. We’ll usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it.
- Correction of information or deletion Have your information corrected or deleted. You can update your information in your settings. If you have problems updating the information or if you would like us to delete it, contact us.
- Objections regarding information Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you marketing emails. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, we may still send you updates about your account. We only send you marketing material you agree to. If you disagree, you can easily unsubscribe at any time.
- Transfer of your personal data Have the information you provided to us sent to another organization, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, where it’s technically feasible.
- Complain to regulator Complain to a regulator. If you think that we haven’t complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
- Change edit order history Choose whether your purchases on Vitalytes will be used to customize recommendations and ads for you.
- Opt Out process Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our email lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications at anytime by contacting us.
- Close your account Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and delete your account.
How we keep your personal Information Secure
- How we keep your info secure We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration.
- Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls
How long we keep your information
- We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you and others, and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your personal information or to provide you with the Vitalytes services, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your Vitalytes account.
- Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information we will retain information from deleted accounts as necessary for our legitimate business interests, to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect fees, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, enforce the terms of service and take other actions permitted by law.
When we need to update this policy
- We may change this policy from time to time and if we do, we’ll post any changes on this page.
- If the changes are significant, we may provide a more prominent notice or get your consent, as required by law
How you can contact us
- How you can access your personal information. The best way to get in touch is through our support team.
- You can contact us at our support email at email@example.com. You can also contact our Data Protection Officer.